Can’t find what you’re looking for? Here are some hints on how to narrow down or broaden your search.
- Not sure what resource you need?
Try searching your city to see what resources are available in your area. Pins and circles for available resources will appear on the map as well as in the results list. Resources provided exclusively by telephone or web will also be displayed in the results list. You can also use the Search by keyword features to search by key words (like housing) or key phrases (like grief and loss).
- Too many results found?
Try using the Filter by topic or Filter by Location to filter your search. Alternatively you can zoom in or drag the map and available resources will be displayed on the map for that location.
- Too few results found? Want more results?
Use the X to remove the Location or Topic filter and broaden your search. Alternatively, you could zoom out or drag the map and available resources will be displayed on the map for that location.
- No results found for your keyword?
- Try a different keyword, for example instead of help try writing the type of help you want, such as counselling.
- Limit the amount of keywords in your search. Instead of I need counselling, try just counselling.
- Check the spelling of your keyword.
- What do the pins represent on the map?
- The black numbered circles represent multiple resources available in that area – zoom in to narrow in on the specific resources.
- The different coloured pin represent resources from different resource categories (e.g. Legal Support, Counselling and Mental Health Support, Indigenous Support Services, etc.)
- General tips and trick for more successful search:
- Resources Around Me functions best in Chrome. Overall the tool is compatible across most browsers and devices.
If you're still having trouble finding resources, or want to talk to a counsellor at any time, give us a call at 1-800-668-6868. We’re here 24/7 and we’re always free, anonymous and confidential.
We’d love to hear what you think of Resources Around Me. Share your feedback here!